Friday, December 24, 2010

A few Random Observations...

First of all, driving anywhere on x-mas eve is insane and only the seriously deranged choose to do so...myself included in that.  I always wait until the last minute to buy x-mas gifts, I think by some chance I'm going to stumble upon tons of money and be able to afford elaborate gifts for people.  Alas, it didn't happen...again.  (although I'm waiting for a bunch of checks...a bunch = three)

I traipse around in search of gifts and lo and behold I pass by a store that says "California Detal".  What the hell is that?  (I think to myself)  I look at the store front and still no clue.  It's a dirty gross building and in my neighborhood, that could be anything...it could go either way..Dental or Detail (as in cars).  I stare and stare at the stoplight trying desperately to figure it out.  If it's dental, I'm sure as hell NEVER going there...if it's detail, I don't have to cuz I'm currently transportationally challenged.  But I still want to know goddamn it!

The mystery never gets solved.  I mosely along to the next destination.  I see a HUGE banner that says; "O% off all accessories until Christmas!"  I see the banner and think; "Wow, I should stop in there and then...WAIT, 0 fucking percent off?"  That means it's not on sale at all...but there is a big banner.  0 percent must be a good deal, wait, what?  It's fucking christmas, something must be on sale...I should investigate. 

I kept driving and I did take note it was a smoke shop.  Maybe they thought stoners (not that I know any...*clears throat*)...stoners would totally stop because it's a big fucking banner and sometimes (I've heard) your vision can be shakey.  My other theory being, whoever got it made was stoned and thought it'd be hilarious to say 0 percent off and figured stoners would stop anyway either A) because they thought it was funny and hence, would buy shit or b) stoners would stop in to see what the big banner hoopla was about and when they realized there is no sale they'd say "fuck it" and buy the stuff anyways and c) completely non-stoner types who wanted to correct them and they would be sucked into the fold and buy stuff too (ya know, for their stoner friends...but only the ones with cataracts). 

No comments:

Post a Comment